The goal of the WLCI Professional Coach Certification Program is to equip participants to become effective professional coaches by giving them the knowledge, tools and initial coaching experiences that will enable them to engage clients in the transformational processes.
The 64 or 128-hour WLCI Coach Certification Program is perfect for working professionals who are already in leadership roles, such as team leads, managers, and directors. Helping professionals, such as social workers, counselors and therapists, who want to add professional coaching to an existing career or to shift to a career as a professional coach would also benefit greatly from the program.
Consistently with the International Coach Federation definition of “coaching,” Wales Life Coaching Institute (WLCI) will teach students using a solution-focused coaching model with a strength-based approach to interacting with clients. The Certification is also designed to build proficiency in Motivational Interviewing for participants of the program.
Over the course of the program, Wales Life Coaching Institute will transmit to participants the 11 ICF Core Competencies through lectures, live demonstrations, small-group discussions and observed and mentor coaching sessions. Participants will have ample opportunity to practice their newly-acquired coaching skills in group and one-to-one work over the course of the program.
- A firm understanding of the objectives of coaching and the role and responsibilities of the coach
- Greater self-awareness and the ability to engage more fully with clients
- The ability to guide clients through the challenging and rewarding process of personal development and encourage clients to maximize their potential
- Skills and tools to engage in powerful conversations with their clients
- Build proficiency in Motivational Interviewing
List of Modules
- Module 1: Introduction to Coaching
- Module 2: Establishing the Coaching Relationship
- Module 3: Co-Creating the Coaching Relationship
- Module 4: The Coaching Conversation
- Module 5: The Coaching Conversation (Advanced)
- Module 6: Facilitating Learning
- Module 7: Getting Results
- Module 8: Getting Started as a Coach
Number of hours of student contact time
Students will benefit from a total of 64 or 128 hours of in-person instruction spread over eight 1 or 2-day intensive weekends and an additional 1 hour of mentor coaching by phone each week between the weekend sessions.Weekend sessions will be organized once or twice per month for 3 0r 8 months depending on the selection of the 64 or 128 hour track. *Note the 64 hour track meets on Sundays only.
Language/s that are used in program delivery
The language of instruction is English.
How the program is delivered
Face-to-Face, Webinar, Telephonic